12 Oct 2016
Ascend Performance Materials to exhibit its growing portfolio of Vydyne® PA66 solutions at K 2016
HOUSTON – October 12, 2016 – Ascend Performance Materials will be showcasing its most recent innovative grades of Vydyne® PA66 at the K Show, the world’s largest plastics trade show, in Dusseldorf from October 19-26. Ascend, the world’s largest fully-integrated producer of PA66 resin, manufactures materials used in the automotive, consumer, industrial, textile, electrical and electronic and carpet industries. Customers also rely on Vydyne® PA66 fiber products for air bags and tire cord.
“We are fully committed to the PA66 chain. It is our only business,” said Phil McDivitt, president, Ascend Performance Materials. “Our 60-plus years of PA66 expertise combined with our world-class operations and continued investments in people, technologies and facilities make Ascend the choice when customers are looking for new PA66 solutions.”
Under the theme “inspiring everyday,” the company will highlight its material solutions at Hall 6, Stand C52. More than 100 individual plastic and fiber products made from Vydyne® PA66 will be on display in an automobile, a home environment and a workplace setting.
Ascend will be showcasing PA66 innovations in:
- The new Vydyne® R530HR PA66 grade delivers “best-in-class” thermal and hydro-aging performance for demanding automotive cooling system applications.
- For fuel-efficient turbocharged engines, the Vydyne® PA66 HT-series provides high levels of resistance to property degradation after long term exposure to this challenging operating environment.
- Vydyne® R860 is a new ‘eco-friendly’ reinforced PA66 compound with post-industrial recycled content that delivers the right balance between performance and economics when used in fans and shrouds.
- Push-to-release fasteners using Ascend’s material were designed for the 2015 Ford Mustang and received the Society of Plastics Engineers Innovation Award in the Body Exterior Category.
- New heat-stabilized grades of Vydyne® PA66 offer superior temperature resistance for transmission covers, oil pan covers and air intake manifolds.
- Ascend manufactures the world’s largest portfolio of PA66 products for cable ties and fasteners, including grades of Vydyne® that are impact modified, heat stabilized, outdoor weatherable and UV resistant.
- Vydyne® 47H BK0644, a new impact modified grade of PA66, delivers best-in class heat resistance, toughness, flexibility and UV resistance.
- New grades of Vydyne® PA66 deliver cost-saving manufacturing advantages, including low plate out, fast cycling and high flow.
- New high-viscosity grades of Vydyne® PA66 for the food packaging and industrial film industries offer improved heat performance, gloss and superior puncture resistance when compared to alternative polyamide offerings. Vydyne® PA66 homo-polymer and co-polymer resins can enable a simpler film layer construction.
- Glass-filled Vydyne® PA66 provides cost performance when used in thermal breaks in window frames to increase insulation.
- Several new grades of Vydyne® PA66 offer strength, toughness, stiffness, heat resistance, precise color and durability.
- The glass-filled and electrically neutral Vydyne® PA66 J-Series is copper-free and halogen-free, heat-stabilized (155°C for 1000 hours), CTI>600V and is laser-markable and laser-weldable.
- Vydyne® ECO315J is a new unfilled, halogen-free PA66 grade for electrical connectors that offers superior ductility, meets UL94 VO at 0.4mm and exhibits enhanced heat aging of 1000 hours at 135°C.
- Vydyne® ECO366H is a new flame retardant, non-halogenated and heat stabilized grade of PA66 for use in electrical applications in the construction, data communication, renewable energy and transportation industries. ECO366H meets the standards of UL94, offering a V-0 rating, a GWFI (glow wire flammability index) of 960°C and a RTI (relative thermal index) electrical of 150°C down to 0.4 mm. This grade is designed for high performance and long-lasting electrical applications.
- No-Shock® is a PA66-based bicomponent fiber that is a permanent anti-static solution and is dyeable for pastel colors in clothing and textiles. The fiber is available as filament (drawn and undrawn), staple fiber and sliver forms in a wide range of deniers. No-Shock® repels lint and dust, is static-free and chemical-free and OEKO-TEX® certified. No-Shock® is ideal for woven, knit and electrically embedded wearables.
- Ascend’s PA66 fiber products serve the carpet, consumer apparel, clothing, shapewear and sportswear industries, along with manufacturers of tire cord and vehicle airbags.
Reader enquiriesAscend Performance Materials
JP Morgan Chase Tower
1010 Travis Street, Suite 900
Houston, TX 77002
+1 713 315 5700
Notes for editors
NOTE TO EDITORS: ASCEND PERFORMANCE MATERIALS is a trademark of Ascend Performance Materials Operations LLC. This trademark has been registered in jurisdictions throughout the world, including the United States of America.
About Ascend Performance Materials
Ascend Performance Materials is a global premium provider of high-quality chemicals, fibers and plastics. Ascend is one of the world’s largest integrated PA66 producers, with its own in-house manufacturing facilities, ensuring total security of supply. Ascend’s product range has earned it an unequalled reputation for quality, innovative techniques and an enlightened approach to business that expands the horizons of possibility. With eight global locations and more than 3,200 people working at our sites around the world, Ascend has the inspiration, the expertise, the people and the attitude toward innovation to consistently deliver the right solution for customers.
Together, we’re making a difference.
Together, we’re inspiring everyday.
More information about Ascend can be found at www.ascendmaterials.com
About SK Capital
SK Capital is a private investment firm with a disciplined focus on the specialty materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors. The firm’s purpose is to build strong and growing businesses that create substantial long-term economic value. SK utilizes its industry, operating and investment experience to identify opportunities to transform businesses into higher performing organizations with improved strategic positioning, growth and profitability as well as lower operating risk. SK Capital’s portfolio companies generate revenues of approximately $8 billion annually and employ approximately 9,000 people. The firm currently manages more than $1.5 billion of committed capital. For more information, please visit www.skcapitalpartners.com.